Thursday 2 November 2017

A New Era Begins: Chopper Morris' Introductory Press Statement


A New Era Begins! 

This week it was announced in the press that the managerial position at FC Basel had become vacant, due to the suprising resignation of the previous manager, Fred Dodger. It would not be long before the Swiss club promptly hired its new head man, long time SM manager, Matt "Chopper" Morris! An eleven year veteran of the sport, Morris was offered this opportunity with confidence from the chairman and board of the Swiss giants at Basel. The Englishman has never managed a Swiss club in all of his 11 year tenure in SM, and this will be his very first club in the prestigious, highly competitive Top 100 Football league. 

Having now been chosen as the manager to lead FC Basel into the future, Chopper Morris has prepared an introductory speech for the media today. A huge group of Swiss media representatives have gathered in the press room at St Jakob park, all in anticipation of the opening statements from FCB's new manager...


Cameras flash as Matt Morris makes his way to his seat at the long conference table. A wall covered in FC Basel, Adidas, and Novartis logos stands behind him. Morris is clad in an all black buisiness suit, complete with a red and blue striped tie, and an FC Basel logo button. A smile with the sense of confidence and excitement beams from his face as he sits in front of the media. The Englishman has dreamt of a day like this for his whole life. With a clearance of his throat, he begins...

"I sit before you all today a very proud man, and manager. Its a job like this you aspire for during your career, and its a job like this I feel that I truly deserve. I am thrilled to now be the manager of FC Basel here in Switzerland. This is an amazing club, in a beautiful city, with aspirations matching that of my own. A club that competes in the fourth division of the best league in the world, the Top 100."

" It has been a long term goal of mine to one day manage in this great league, to stand alongside 99 of the greatest Football managers in the world. A spot in this league can only be earned, the competition here is that like no other, and I am very eager to embrace the challenge! I have finally arrived, and I will give one hundred and ten percent of dedication, to take FC Basel to success." 

"When I met with the owners and the chairman of this club, I told them of my goals and my formula in building a squad for this club. I explained my tactical capabilities and regiment of intense, yet productive player training. We all could only agree completely! As I have said, my first task is to get to know my players, begin to bring in the players I want for this squad, and let go of those who are not in my plans. My objective is to construct a squad built of young, promising players, and to develop them in to very good Football players, world class even. "

"We have a very talented nucleus already here in lads like Mikael Cuisance, Lewis Cook, Trevoh Chalobah, and Kaziah Sterling. Also the talented Armindo Bruma, my Talisman, who at age 23 is so very important to this side. It is these players, along with more that I plan to bring in, who will guide us into the future, and project alot of brightness on the horizon. It is just as important that we have a solid mix of veteran players to teach these young lads, and lead them on. Players like our Captain, Jose Fonte, and Pablo Zabaleta, will be vital to the development of these young players."

"In closing, I speak to the great supporters of FC Basel. I am so honored to be here, to coach at the beautiful St Jakob park, with its iconic lights iluminating the night sky. Know this, I am with you. Together we stand as the heart of this club. Together, with hard work and determination, we will forge a beast of great strength and will. We will bring great days to this club, and I am here to usher them in. These are the days of the RotBlau! We will strive to achieve greatness!

 Thank you, and goodnight."




1 comment: