Friday 4 August 2017

Greg Owen Unveiled as New United Manager in Shock Move!

Manchester United tonight unveiled their new manager, Greg Owen, in a move which shocked the football world.




Owen, who was expected to continue in his successful tenure as manager of Wolfsburg after successfully taking the team into Division 1 for the first time, was unexpectedly announced at a press conference at Old Trafford earlier today.


When asked about his decision to leave Wolfsburg, Owen replied: "Yes, it was a hard decision to make. I'd already turned down an approach from the champions, Bayern, but I didn't feel that I could do that to the fans or the team at Wolfsburg. But when United came knocking, well, I have always loved this team and its history, and the opportunity was just too close to my heart to turn down!"


 Greg Owen also posed for photos win the gaffer's seat in the dugout, where he was asked about his plans for the team.

"I want to take United back to the top. Look, this is the biggest brand in football and we should be on top, or at least challenging for the top spot. I think we've got a good squad, but it probably needs a little tweaking".

When asked about his former charges at Wolfsburg, he added, "You have to look seriously at somebody like Cesc Fabregas. The guy is a leader and for me he was the standout in the division. He carried that team on many occasions and if the opportunity came up to have him in my team again, well I'd jump at it".

Owen was somewhat cagey about his goals for the upcoming season, but did say that he was a big fan of managerial stipulations and would be once again committing to some serious targets in Season 6.





1 comment: