Tuesday 24 May 2016

FENERBAHCE SEASON REVIEW (Part 1)


Brown took charge of Fenerbahce on the 17/03/16. His first game in charge was against his fellow Scotsman, Scott McKenzie, who is the Barcelona manager. Scott eventually went onto win the league and had the most incredible run I have ever witnessed in a fully managed GW. The game ended 1-0 to Barcelona, which was a surprising result for us considering the strength of the Barcelona side and it was after all my first game in charge.

Like every manager anywhere, whether that be real life of on SM, teams need certain players to suit certain styles, so it was going to be a work in progress and I would start in the transfer market after a good number of games when I knew what I wanted to happen with my style of play. That style would eventually turn out to be close to; Tough to beat but can win games - sounds simple enough, but we all know that it is not easy to pull off, especially in Top 100 with so many great managers.

So here are all my other league games since I took charge with a little analysis added in.


After playing Barcelona we were up against Porto who have had an outstanding season, so well done to Andre. He went onto beat me 2-0. We managed to get both our CB's sent off in the 39th and 46th minute which didn't help, then as you can see we were outplayed.
 
Next up for us was, Leverkusen who beat us 3-1. I know what you are thinking, not a great start, wee man... Trust me, so were the board lol. Again I could not defend our loss as you will see below, we deserved nothing.
To my delight, our first victory came at long last, and that was against Fiorentina. This game proved to be vital as by the end of the season as It was La Viola that were on our tail for the last Europa League spot. God knows how we managed to win judging by the stats, but lady luck was on our side and we came away with a 1-0 victory. This was the only time my 4-2-3-1 formation worked. Was it time for a change?
 
After the above victory I envisaged us maybe sneaking another due to gaining a little confidence, but - yes there is always a but… Valencia had other ideas and beat us 2-0 at their home ground. Looking at the stats again, we deserved to get beat, so no complaints. TIME FOR CHANGE. Was the cry… and a change was made.

Our next opponent up for the Fannybashers were, Arsenal with us trying out our new style. Whateverhappenedin this game could not get any worse from the ones before, or could it? We changed our style anyway and whatdo you know… We came away with a 3-2 victory which tasted sweet and Martinez Scored a Hat-trick. If it was not for him god knows what would have happened. It was a well-deserved win judging by the stats below. A turning point?


A turning point indeed. We played my beloved Chelsea who are a strong side and well managed by James. we came away with a point that day thanks to a late srike by Diego. You could argue that Chelsea should have won, but that’s football.
                            
 
 
 

 




5 comments:

  1. it's a good read indeed , publish and be damned I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of work there Broon! All top quality as well, congrats and well done mate!

    ReplyDelete